Michael is a student whose interdisciplinary interests intersect in the fields of philosophy, design, and technology.
Parsons School of Design. New York, NY
BFA in Design and Technology
Class of May 2018
Eugene Lang. New York, NY
BFA in Philosophy
Class of May 2019
Oxford Academy. Westbrook, CT
High School, 2012 - 2014
Peer Mentor at Parsons School of Design
March 2016 - January 2017.
New York, NY.
Provided guidance for peers who needed assistance with their design projects, including assistance with conceptual elements, technical assistance and general support.
Communications Intern at Eyebeam
October 2017 - November 2017.
Helped organizing events, exhibition and promotion on social media for a non-profit organization that helped technologists and designers to pursue their projects.
Exhibitions & Projects
May 2016, New York, NY.
Exhibited Infrastructural Utopia Tower at an art exhibition.
Rentity concept design at Design and Hack
November 2014, New York, NY.
- Strong analytical thinking skills
- Ability to logically present information
- Ability to question assumptions
- Proficient in understanding and deconstructing different point of views and delineating the philosophical presuppositions that are assumed in any form of argumentation
- Comprehensive understanding of the continental philosophical tradition including ancient Greek philosophy, German Idealism, 20th century philosophy and contemporary philosophical debates
- Fair grasp of philosophical topics including critical theory, political philosophy, moral philosophy, feminism, philosophy of religion, philosophy of science, philosophy of technology, epistemology, phenomenology, existentialism and aesthetics
- Good social, conversational skills and ability to foster engaging and productive exchanges
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to pay close attention to textual as well as visual and aesthetic detail
- English (fluent)
- Russian (fluent)
- Italian (advanced/fluent)